Memphis Event Details:
EARLY PACKET PICKUP
Friday, September 28, 2018
Bluff City Sports
769 S. Cooper St
September 29, 2018
AutoZone Park, Memphis, TN
5k and 1 Mile Walk
NOTE: If you choose Mail-In Registration, you will fill out your information online and then be able to print out your application and send it in with your check.
PLEASE CHOOSE YOUR PAYMENT METHOD BELOW TO BEGIN.
|Mark Walden Sickle Cell 5k||Through September 28, 2018||Race Day|
|5K Run/Walk (Timed Runner)||$25||$30|
|5K Run/Walk (Non Timed Runner)||$25||$30|
|1 Mile Walk||$15||$20|
Online registration closes at 11:59pm CST on September 27, 2018
Mail-in registrations closes at 11:59pm CST on September 22, 2018
REGISTER AS A TEAM:
- All participants will register individually
- Within the registration process, you will be given an option to either join a team or create a team
- Awards will be given for largest team
- There will be NO refunds for 2018 races.
- Entries are non transferable to another participant.
- Participants must present a photo ID and sign a release-from-liability waiver at check-in.
- Race Management reserves the right to cancel or modify the event due to unfavorable conditions.
- Registration fees are not refundable in the event of cancellation due to "Acts of God".
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
PACKET PICK UP TIPS:
- Register at least 24 hours before attempting to pick up your packet. (If you signup the same day you wish to pick up your packet, we will not have your bib ready)
- You may register at any packet pick up location, while the packet pick up is taking place.
- You may pick up packets for your other friends, all you will need to know is their date of birth.
- Plan to register and pick up your packet before race day
- Please do not call the location of the packet pick up, if you have questions, please call Start2Finish Event Management @ 901-274-2202
PACKET PICK UPS AND RACE REGISTRATION
*You must be registered at least 24 hours in advance to pick up your packet at an early packet pick up*
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2018
11:59PM ONLINE REGISTRATION CLOSES
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, 2018
Bluff City Sports
769 S. Cooper St.
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 29, 2018 (RACE DAY)
3rd and Union
Downtown Memphis, TN
6:00am Packet Pick Up, Bib Number pick up and Registration Opens
7:30am Registration Ends
7:45am Runners make their way to starting line
7:50am Last minute race instructions and recognition of race sponsors
8:00am Race Starts Promptly
8:15am 1 Mile Walk
8:25am Entertainment and Post Race Party Begins
9:30am Awards Ceremony
*For questions on packet pick ups, please call 901-274-2202. Please do not call the location of the packet pick up*
*Runners are allowed to have friends pick up their packets, all you will need to know is their date of birth*
The Sickle Cell 5K Run Walk in Memphis originated in 2007 by the Alpha Memphis Education Foundation. It was developed to create a greater awareness in the Memphis community of Sickle Cell Disease and to raise money for patient care, social services, and research. Presently, the event is under the leadership of the Sickle Cell Foundation of Tennessee. All proceeds from the event will directly benefit individuals living with Sickle Cell. The ultimate goal is to improve the quality of life for individuals living with this debilitating disease.
In 2013 the event changed the name to the Mark Walden Memorial Sickle Cell 5K in memory of Chief Meteorologist Mark Walden of ABC24. Mark was the celebrity MC for the event in 2011-2012. Mark lived with sickle cell and was a huge supporter of the Sickle Cell Foundation of Tennessee.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW MORE PHOTOS
1 MILE COURSE 3 LAPS
AWARDS WILL BE GIVEN IN THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES
Top 3 Male and Female Overall Finishers
Top 3 male and female in the following age groups:
9 & under, 10-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+